2021 Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit Now Available
The 2021 MGBH Permit is now available for purchase!
In the continuing efforts to providing accessibility of MGBH Permits (including the Conservation Stamp) to hunters across Canada and abroad, the MGBH Permit is available through three options:
- Purchase an electronic MGBH Permit online, through Environment and Climate Change Canada’s MGBH e-Permitting System;
- Purchase a physical MGBH Permit from select Canada Post offices and outlets; or,
- Purchase a physical MGBH Permit through an independent vendor.
The MGBH Permit Program can be contacted directly by phone at 1-855-869-8670 or email at CWSPermit.PermisSCF@ec.gc.ca.
Benefits to Purchasing an e-Permit
When you purchase an electronic permit, there are a few additional benefits to consider:
- Purchases can be made from the comfort and safety of your home or business, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except during maintenance periods) using any major credit card. The MGBH e-Permitting System gives you the option to download the e-permit (including the image of the Conservation Stamp) directly from the ‘checkout complete’ page.
- The e-permit is valid and can be used immediately as soon as it is printed and signed by the permit holder. The physical Conservation Stamp is not required to validate a permit that you purchase electronically. When you buy an e-permit, you still have an option to receive the physical Conservation Stamp by checking the appropriate box in the online form. A Conservation Stamp will be sent to you by regular mail for no additional charge.
- If you misplace your e-permit, you can simply reprint and sign a new copy of it from the confirmation email received at the time of purchase.
Funds raised from the sale of the Canadian Wildlife Habitat Conservation Stamp are transferred to Wildlife Habitat Canada (WHC) for habitat conservation.
WHC has provided over $55 million in grants to more than 1,500 habitat conservation projects across Canada since the development of the program in 1985.