2012 Youth Hunting and Conservation Course, Long Point Waterfowl
Long Point Waterfowl has announced the 2012 dates for its popular Youth Hunting and Conservation Course!
Wildlife Habitat Canada is proud to be a supporter of the Long Point Waterfowl Youth Hunting and Conservation Course.
“The Youth Hunting and Conservation Course was initiated in 2009 in response to declining youth interest and participation in outdoor activities. The goal of the program is to instill in youth a keen interest in our hunting heritage and a passion for wildlife conservation and management.”
(Long Point Waterfowl, http://longpointwaterfowl.org/education/youth-hunting-and-conservation-course).
This year, the Youth Hunting and Conservation Course will be taking place July 21 to 26, 2012.
The course is open to 12-16 year old Ontario youth, with enrollment space for twenty individuals. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2012.
Throughout the week, students will participate in the following types of activities and demonstrations:
- Ontario Hunter Education, Firearms certification and the Ontario Wild Turkey Seminar
- Wildlife identification
- Boat tour of some of Long Point’s coastal marshes
- Canada’s waterfowling heritage
- Retriever training
- Field demonstrations on wetland and waterbird conservation and management
- Field presentations on being a waterfowl / wildlife biologist
- Presentations on being a Conservation Officer
- Taxidermy demonstrations
- Hunting demonstrations
- …and more!