Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Duck Bites
This recipe was submitted by T. Bodanis (Mississauga).
Prep time: 1 hour 20 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
1 cup steak sauce (use your favourite)
1 cup rye whiskey
1 pound of bacon strips, cut in half
6 duck breasts, de-boned and cut into cubes
Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- For marinade: stir steak sauce and whiskey together in a bowl. Pour marinade into a re-sealable bag and add the duck cubes. Seal bag and turn over several times to coat the duck; place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Soak toothpicks in water for at least half an hour to prevent burning.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove duck from the marinade and discard the marinade. Wrap a piece of bacon around each duck cube and secure with a toothpick.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped-duck cubes on the grill until bacon is crisp and duck is cooked, turning once, 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.