Recipe: Cajun Duck Breast with Southern Cranberry Sauce
This recipe was submitted by D. Myette (Port Elgin).
Recommended for Fall Mallard or Black duck.
- Cut the duck up into breast strips and legs and drumsticks parts.
- Coat the parts in Cajun spices.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt a 1/4 pound of butter, and when hot, lightly sauté the coated duck parts for 30 seconds only.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the stovetop and put in a preheated BBQ (oven would suffice).
- Bake in BBQ on low heat for 30-35 minutes or until browned on coating.
- Meanwhile, stew 2 cups of fresh (or frozen) cranberries in a saucepan with 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup Southern Comfort, and 1 tbsp brown sugar.
- When the duck is cooked and the sauce is smooth, lightly drizzle half of the sauce over the duck and serve the remainder of the sauce on the side.